Above the Legislation is having fun with yr. Income is sweet, site visitors is unbelievable, we’re not owned by Tronc, these are all good issues.
We’re at all times looking out for brand spanking new columnists. We’ve not too long ago added Shane Ferro, Cori Robinson, and Sean Carter. However we need to open up the alternatives extra usually to our readers.
Particularly we’re in search of individuals who can write about finance, in-house points, or authorized operations.
1. Finance: Typically, wealthy individuals get sued, and I don’t perceive why. Like, I perceive why: they’re wealthy, we should always eat them. However I don’t perceive why by way of “listed here are some legal guidelines made particularly to cease this wealthy jerkoff from doing this jerkoff factor, and right here’s how these legal guidelines work.” So… if you happen to can generally clarify that to me, I’d learn it. Most likely another individuals would too.
2. In-Home: We have now nice contributions from individuals like Mark Herrmann, Stephen R. Williams, and Kay Thrace and… site visitors says you guys need extra. Strive as I would, I’m not getting that job as normal counsel for the Mets any time quickly, although if I did, I might instantly injure my pre-frontal cortex and be unable to work. However we’re at all times in search of the attitude of people that rent attorneys.
3. Authorized Operations: “Legal Operations is Hot. But Legal Culture is Lukewarm Toward It,” says a Legislation.com headline. “A decade or so in the past, virtually no one would have checked out authorized operations (or legislation division administration) as a scorching profession path,” says Big Law Business. I don’t know what we’re in search of in a Authorized Operations columnist… however it higher be “scorching.” So scorching. Once I learn a authorized ops column, I would like the warmth coming by way of the display screen so scorching that I’ve to achieve for an asbestos smock simply to guard myself from all of the hotness.
4. Additionally Conservatives, I assume: Above the Legislation is an equal alternative employer and we completely rent conservative columnists, offered they’ll make it by way of a complete software course of with out as soon as suggesting that my pores and skin shade has seeped into my mind to make me genetically inferior or advocating that peaceable protesters be run down on the street. I do know, that’s a fairly excessive bar for the present GOP, however we attempt.
When you’d like to use for any of those alternatives — or pitch a column idea of your individual — please apply by emailing [email protected] (topic line: “Columnist Utility”), sending us the next gadgets:
1. A present résumé or bio (a hyperlink to an internet bio like a agency web site profile is ok).
2. A brief description of your proposed column, starting from a paragraph to a web page, setting forth your editorial concepts or imaginative and prescient.
3. A pattern submit or column, ideally from 600 to 1200 phrases in size, displaying us what you’d like to put in writing for us. Please be aware that this pattern submit must be new and must be a pattern of your proposed ATL column; don’t ship us beforehand printed work or authorized briefs or memos. (Requiring you to put in writing one thing new is our method of testing your curiosity degree.)
The pay is modest, however we do pay. And if you happen to’re in it for the publicity, you’ve come to the best place. Thanks for studying.